Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 8GB RAM
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B launched its microprocess with 4GB of RAM, they changed the game completely since it was more than enough to perform heavy duty tasks and multi-tasking. But now they have launched the Raspberry Pi Model 4 with a whopping 8GB of RAM capacity which can be used for running data intense servers or virtual machines. You will find a smooth experience in the tasks you perform like editing documents, browsing the web with a bunch of tabs open, juggling spreadsheets or drafting a presentation on a smaller, more energy-efficient and cost-effective machine.
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is upgraded with the latest best performace quadcore 64 bit broadcam 2711, cortex A72 processor with a speed of 1.5MHz. Raspberry Pi 4 model offers 90% better performance than the Raspberry Pi 3B+ models and is desogned to work with 20% lesser power. It provides ground breaking performance with an increased performance in terms of speed, agility, multimedia performance, memory and connectivity as compared to the previous models like Raspberry Pi Model 3B+.
The Raspberry Pi 4 8GB RAM is equipped with dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless LAN and PoE capability via a separate PoE HAT. You will alsobe able to enjoy 4K video resolution with the best video performance. The Raspberry 4 8GB RAM model is integrated with a dual display support with resolutions that can go upto 4K via micro HDMI cable.
Advantages of Using a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- The new raspberry pi deskptop experinece is a highly enrgy effiecient option since it consumes far lesser power compared to the other computers and runs silently.
- The Gigabit Ethernet along with the onboard wirless networking and bluetooth breaks barriers in terms of faster networking.
- The upgraded Raspberry Pi not only comes with two USB 2.0 ports but also two USB 3.0 ports which can tranfer data 10 times faster.
- With the availability of 8GB of RAM capacity, this mini computer can run highly intensive data server and run virtual machines. It provides a smooth and resilient experience for heavy multi-taskers.
How different is it compared to it’s previous models?
The new memory package requieres higher peak currents to operate. In order to supply that, Raspberry Pi have shuffled the power supply components on the board by removing a switch-mode power supply from the right-hand side of the board next to the USB 2.0 sockets and adding a new switcher next to the USB-C power connnector.
Software & OS
- Beginners should start with the NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) operating system installation manager, which gives the user a choice of operating system from the standard distributions.
- SD cards with NOOBS pre-installed should be available from any of global distributors and resellers of Raspberry Pi. Alternatively, you can download NOOBS.
- Raspberry Pi OS (previously called Raspbian) is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 8GB RAM Specifications:
|Model||Raspberry Pi Model 4B|
|Processor||Broadcom 2711, 64-bit quad-core Cortex-A72 processor|
|USB Ports||2 x USB 3.0|
|Pins||40 GPIO Pins|
|Dimension||7 x 5 x 1cms|