- Supply Voltage: 8.2 – 42 VDC.
- Current Capacity : 2.2A max(24V).
- Continuous current per phase: 1.5 A.
- Minimum Logic voltage: 2.5V.
- Maximum Logic Voltage: 5V.
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32.
- Dimensions : 15 x 20 mm.
- Weight: 4 gm.
The DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver with Aluminum Heat Sink is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver.
The module has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of the A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
The DRV8825 features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent, and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 – 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).